Summary of Qualifications
- Ability to manage and arrange multiple projects from concept through production
- Excellent communication skills in both the written and spoken word
- Knowledge and creativity of computer design, production, and a variety of print methodology
- 10+ years experience representing and promoting fine artist exhibitions
- A vast interest and knowledge of contemporary art, design discourse, typography, and design history
- 12+ Years design and consulting a wide assortment of retail, restaurant, corporate, governmental, and non-profit organizations
- Ability to direct and educate students from Senior High School through College levels
- Producing events, ie; planning, promotion, execution, direction, and maintenance
Art Direction & Curation
- Established Central Air :: Nomadic Art Space, curated the Mayor of Uptown, installation of 18 artists work, maintained gallery hours, and organized sale of work
- Co-founder, Curator and Director of Radiator Art Exhibition Company, providing support for emerging contemporary artists
- Creation of typefaces for personal and single client project use
- Designed international event graphics for Land Rover Mongolia Expedition
- Presented new logo and identity system for Temple Israel
- Established logo and identity system for Cr(eat)e Catering and the Dining Studio for Chef Philip Dorwart
- Assisted with design and production of typographic mark, and contemporary milk system packaging, for Schroeder Milk Co., simplyright product line
- Compiled and designed 5000 ARTISTS RETURN TO ARTISTS SPACE: 25 YEARS, with staff and editors at Design / Writing / Research, directed by Abbott Miller, New York
- Designed and coordinated large quarterly publication for the Health Care Financing Administration, incorporating multiple commentators, tables of financial data and pictographs
- Volunteered design services for the Youth Farm and Market Project, organizing and creating a bi-annual newsletter for future patrons, parents, and farmers involved
- Designed and coordinated production of restaurant signage system for Della Notte in Baltimore, MD
- Worked with area general contractor, Michlitsch Builders, from concept to large scale site signage implementation Organized and implemented in-store and building graphics as well as advertising collateral for Bob’s Java Hut, Minneapolis, MN
- Designed and implemented signage and menu graphics system for Byerly’s Minnesota Grille
Promotional & Marketing
- Created marketing and promotional material for Rosalux Gallery, Minneapolis
- Developed event graphics and support media for World Bank Awards Ceremony
- Provided critical print production knowledge for completion of pocket folders and promotional material for Land Rover International and Thompson IntraActive
- Provide in-house design services for Lucia Watson, Lucia’s Restaurant and Wine Bar, including: menu design, signage, and anniversary t-shirt promotions
- Created seasonal and monthly advertising and promotional packages for retail furniture space, Europine, consisting of Newspaper Ads, seasonal promotions work, and signage
Compiled and designed websites for: Audi USA, Digex, DirectPC, Eckerd Drugs, MCI, and World Bank (Intra-Net)
Selected Work History
1993-PRESENT NovaClutch // Typographic Annex, Freelance Design Studio, Minneapolis, MN
2005-PRESENT Central Air :: Nomadic Art Space, Director and Curator, Minneapolis, MN
2011-2014 University of Wisconsin – Stout, School of Art and Design, Department of Design, Lecturer, Menomonie, WI
2007-2008 United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, Internship, Washington D.C.
2004-2006 Europine Imports; Design Consultant, Minneapolis, MN
2001-2002 Bamboo, Graphic Designer, Minneapolis, MN
1999-2002 Radiator Art Exhibition Company, Director, Minneapolis
1998 Design / Writing / Research, Design Consultant, New York, NY
1998 Rutka Weadock, Design Consultant, Baltimore, MD
1997-1998 CKS Partners, Junior Designer, Washington, D.C.
1996-1997 GC Creations, Junior Art Director, Beltsville, MD
1990-1993 Continental Sign and Advertising, Art Department, Maple Grove, MN
MFA, Graphic Design, Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, MD, 2008
BFA, Typography, Minneapolis College of Art + Design, Minneapolis, MN, 1994
2012 Open Book Workshop, Eastern Michigan University, 2012
1999 The Loft Literary Center, Poetry journal, Grace Willow Morgan
1995 Haystack Mountain School of Crafts, Woodcarving, Bob Trotman
- Participated as Mentor/Sounding Board, MCA+D Senior Project (Design) under instructor Pam Arnold, Spring 2002
- Interim Art teacher at Minnesota Business Academy
- Provided critical dialogue as guest speaker and educator: Minneapolis College of Art + Design; University of Minnesota; Dwight Englewood School, Englewood, NJ; and Minnesota Business Academy, St Paul, M
- Corporate Clients // Audi, Eckard Drugs, Lund Food Holdings, Landrover, MCI, Target, Schroeder Milk, and Westvaco
- Government Agencies // General Services Administration, World Bank, Recording Industry Association of America, Health Care Financing Administration, and United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- NON-PROFITS // The Artists Space, New York City; Youth Farm and Market Project; The Walters Art Museum
BOOK DESIGN / WORK(S) FEATURED
- Violet Jo: A Divine Spark, photographs by Daniel Peet. Central Air: Nomadic Art Space. 2011.
- Graphic Design: The New Basics, by Ellen Lupton, Jennifer Cole Phillips. Princeton Architectural Press. 2008.
- Indie Publishing: How to Design and Produce Your Own Book, by Ellen Lupton. Princeton Architectural Press. 2008.
- Graphic Expression of Internment, by John P. Corrigan.Published Independently, blurb.com. 2008.
- No Negative: Photographic works by Jerome Page Tobias. Central Air Nomadic Art Space. Baltimore, MD, 2007.
- 500 Artists Return To Artists Space: 25 Years. Artists Space, New York, NY. 1998.
- 2WiCE: visual/culture/document. Uniform, Vol. 2, No. 2. 2wice Arts Foundation. 1998.
– – – – – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –
Professional Resumé [Download]
– – – – – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –